Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The day you know you are on a different path....

I work with many people who have young kids.  Somedays I can participate in conversations with them, but it's less so.  They are choosing daycares based on whatever: price, teachers, food, and I am thinking, ok is it out of the way for the therapists or what sensory activities are there? I am on a different path.  They talk about their kids talking back, or their child riding a bike, and I am still working on Landon saying hi and Logan motor planning how to wave.  I am on a different path.  I will never know what it's like for a child to "just pick up a skill."  I will never hear my children speak without a huge amount of therapy.  I am on a different path.

Somedays the reminders are more obvious than others.


May our path lead to a green meadow with lots of sunshine, life, and most importantly, self worth in what we have accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment