Monday, March 10, 2014

God is good

Life isn't easy. It's not supposed to be. God never said it would be, but He does take care of us. When my mom was sick, and I lived in Albany for grad school, I joined Gilda's club, a place for people and their families with cancer. I used to go once a week for the caregiver group and that was very helpful. The last time I saw my momma alive/conscious, we went to a lunch and talk at Gilda's club. They saw me through. I was already in counseling at my grad school at the time my mom died, but there were three, soon to be four of us students whose moms died that semester. Our counselor, Danielle formed a "motherless daughters" group and words cannot express the help that was to get through the last two semesters of grad school in deep grief. I later met a friend on Lorie on MySpace's motherless daughters group. She lives in California and we've been friends ever since. I even got an invite to her wedding. Now, it's my new challenge, and I met Laura, a fellow SLP with a little one with apraxia. We talk almost everyday to some extent. I trust her, and I know she gets the raw pain I feel, but also the intense pride. She's a wonderful SLP, going to be an apraxia expert, and has taught me a lot.  Lesson learned: God will always see us through.

1 comment:

  1. Tears! God really does send people to us and we find blessings in the darkest places. <3

    ReplyDelete